Office 365 vs Office GCC High

Question about which one to use. I am starting to get the feeling that people are going to start wasting money because they really do not know what they need or what is actually compliant with CMMC…

Office 365 Enterprise is FEDRamp compliant so this should suffice with handling CUI correct? From what I heard Microsoft will not provide a contractor GCC High unless they provide SaaS to the government. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Here is a good article that outlines each:

I think Office365 is the better option. I have used it for a while and have never had any issues.

In my opinion Office GCC High has more powerful capabilities. Granted, both applications are pretty good in themselves.

I use Office 365 and its wonderful working with it. I would opt for it in this case.

I am only familiar with Office 365. I’d say it’s very good at what it does and I recommend it.

To be eligible for GCCH, you have to provide proof, like a government contract, that you have to be ITAR/CUI/DFARS compliant. I had to argue with Microsoft that I shouldn’t be GCC because my contract specifically required ITAR compliance and finally got it.

If you scope CUI to specific people and devices, you could have O365 for everyone and GCCH for those applicable, but in essence you’d have to maintain two cloud services. Since so many of my teammates deal with CUI and I have a small team, we went GCCH for everyone.

1 Like

Agree. Seems like Microsoft is pushing Category 2 (GCC) on everyone. Maybe they are over loaded right now…

Lucky you on having a small team. We recently did a migration with 150 people and there were a ton of complaints from users who work in the unclass environment. Could not imagine what the larges are going through with it. They are probably segregating it as much as they can.